First, an admission. As a life long runner, naturally I have always
held a passion for health and well-being. It was only recently whilst at
University that I began to notice issues my overall alignment. Unable to cope
with the long mileage, I took the opportunity to begin exploring other areas of
fitness.
I joined the University Boat Club at the beginning of my first year,
where training would usually involve a healthy mix of cardio, weights, circuit
and water sessions. Two sessions daily
and a timetable jam-packed with mathematics lectures, I decided against
continuing. Instead, during my second year I began to ease myself back into
running by joining the athletics and cross county team for training sessions.
Third year saw the rise of the gym obsessed, as I was formally introduced to
the kettle bell and experienced my first ever yoga practice. I have never
looked back!
Prior to University, I spent five years with the Air Training Corps
(ATC). From exploring the Scottish Highlands to gaining my Gliding Scholarship
(GS) wings for flying solo, no week was like the next! It was here I achieved
the Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award. Since then I have taken on various
challenges, which include climbing Kilimanjaro, running the Edinburgh Marathon and trekking in the Chiang Mai mountains.
Working in retail from an early age, I have always been a self-obsessed
shopper with a big love for all brands French. During my second year at
University I attended London College of Fashion (LCF) for their Fashion Buying
and Merchandising Intensive Course and was given the opportunity to work
alongside the wonderfully talented Buying team at Liberty London during the summer. In addition I contributed to Health and Beauty/Fashion section of the University student
newspaper (The Courier), and my course committee as Public Relations
representative where I promoted various events through social media platforms.
Now a graduate with a Mathematics and Statistics BSc Honours degree and a strong background
in the retail industry, I am now looking to seek new and exciting challenges,
fitness and/or fashion related! I believe this blog will provide a solace whereby
I can explore all and more of the issues discussed above.
No comments:
Post a Comment