Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Graduation




Exactly two weeks ago tomorrow, I graduated with a BSc Honours in Mathematics and Statistics from Newcastle University. I always had intentions to study at University but having been rejected from my first choice after just missing the entry requirements at A Level, I decided to take a year out from education. This was quite possibly the best decision I ever made. 




                                                

Dress: Zara// Shoes: Zara// Necklace: Zara// Clutch: Whistles// Watch: Michael Kors

I knew I wanted to make the most of every one of the 365 days and in doing so I made the impromptu decision I was going to climb Mount Kilimanjaro and run my first marathon (Edinburgh). Slightly crazy I know, at the time I was petrified and my family didn’t quite believe I was going to do it! Juggling full time work commitments, around training sessions and fundraising events for the Alzheimer’s Society was a challenge but I made it and I’m here to tell the tale!

Back to Graduation, after the ceremony champagne was served at Browns Bar and Brasserie followed by a relaxing stroll down to the Quayside and inside The BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art to check out the latest exhibition; Heather Phillipson ‘Yes, surprising is existence in the post-vegetal cosmorama –’. We enjoyed tea and cake in Olive and Bean before making our way back to The Fat Hippo Restaurant in Jesmond for the best burgers in town!



During my time at Newcastle, I’ve had some unforgettable experiences and met some amazing people, many of whom I know I will stay in contact with for years to come. As one chapter in my life has closed and another is about to begin let me leave you with one final thought, courtesy of my parents.

“Your future stands bright, so take hold of your dreams, and don’t let go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment