Saturday 19 April 2014

RTTS100 Project




If you haven’t already been bombarded with a million and one notifications from my twitter feed recently you won’t have heard the good news so let me start from the beginning.

A couple of months ago runner babes Soph from @BePrettyFit and Cat from @Cat_Simpson_ posted about a super exciting project called RTTS100. They were on the search for 8 other likeminded ladies who shared a passion for running and were ready to take on their next big challenge with the support of ultra experts The North Face. A few weeks later I got an email back from the girls telling me I’d made the cut, I can’t you how thrilled I was!!

Now Race to the Stones isn’t your ordinary ultra, the route will take runners 100km through some of the most beautiful scenery across Britains oldest footpath. There is an option to complete the distance over a two-day period but RTTS100 females are bad ass and will be taking on the full distance in just ONE DAY!

Now only ever having taking on marathon distance before this will be my first ultra. As marathons are no longer the norm, more and more people are realising the true potential of their bodies and pushing themselves to epic limits. Ultra runners have always been one of those special breed of runners I’ve aspired to. Their endurance, strong mindset and sense of adventure is what sets them apart from your everyday runner.

You can follow us in the lead up to race day over on our RTTS100 site and on our twitter page @RTTS100 using the hashtag #RTTS100. It’s time to do challenge the ordinary, my ultra journey starts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment